All i wanted when i got home was to go to sleep.
I left my sheets and bedding in the washing machine and forgot about them. As my punishment, i must sit online for an hour, all alone. Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of the internet, i will fear no evil, for Al Gore is with me. Verily, even he who did invent the internet in which i dwell. (yeah... i don't know either, i'm tired alright? chill.) I suppose i could go read or something. I am in the middle of a book... but i'm afraid i'll fall asleep. Then i'll wake up 3 hours later in my clothes with contacts in, on a bed with no bedding. Frankly, i would rather DIE. I would rather DIE! ...not really, it would just be very uncomfortable. If i change my clothes and take out my contacts, then i'll definitely fall asleep.
What a pickle. What a big fat 3 dollar dill. What a classic Vlasic conundrum.
I do neither. I sit. I wait. I wonder.
I wonder, what is this i have walked into?
The answers are elusive, though, it's in their nature to be so.
Yet, this is not quite the same. No, the pursuit has changed.
The chase is daunting. It leaves me wanting. It is ever haunting as it taunts me.
They won't leave me be, these illusions that i see.
I count to 3, then close my eyes.
Now open again to seek my prize.
I am no magician. Do my efforts lack ambition?
What is this condition? Have i lost my volition?
I count to 3, then close my eyes.
Now open again to seek the whys.
They won't leave me be, the questions that i see.
My mind seems flawed when awed by the facade. Someone please give me a prod.
Please wake me from this stasis, for which i perceive no basis.
These things are not quite as they seem, but this is no dream.
I wonder, what is this i have walked out of?
I do nothing. I sit. I wait. I wonder.
That poem, wherever the hell it came from, is an ode to my un-dry sheets.
You know i'm tired when i start writing poetry. What do i know about poetry?
nothing.
Except that my poem looked better the way i had it formatted, but i'm too lazy to do anything about it now.
Sleep, i summon you.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
you're weird.
yeah, well... i was tired. besides, you know you like it.
i like your style brandon.
tru dat boiii.
Post a Comment